About

Hello, my name is Yvonne Mikell. Welcome to my blog Intrigue and Suspense. I created it because of my love for suspenseful, intriguing, and thrilling books and movies. Expect to read excerpts from my own novels, books that I review, and also movies that I review.


Monday, August 26, 2013

The many uses of Facebook

Facebook started out as a virtual meeting place for college students, and then it evolved to a virtual meeting place of the world. Today I learned another use of Facebook, and it is not what Mark Zuckerberg had in mind.

CNN Money is reporting that some lenders have decided to scrutinize the applications coming their way more intensely. They are using your Facebook page and surveying your Facebook friends to determine your credit score.

This is scary. Many of us, including businesses and those in the literary profession, use Facebook as an advertising platform. God forbid if we decide to apply for a loan, those Facebook friends could determine if you are approved.

Personally, I have Facebook friends who live on the other side of the world. I have never met these people. I only have virtual contact with them, and yet they can influence my lender's choice to approve my loan?

Am I the only one who sees this as a potential storyline of a intriguing and suspenseful short story or novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment